[OZAPRS] VK1RGI

Graeme graeme at abrona.com.au
Thu Nov 7 15:29:34 AEDT 2019

My Igate today is only decoding VK1RGI’s own position reports and hears lots of messages that can’t be decoded.  I’ve tried 3 different SDRs with all the same effect and I’ve inspected the antenna and cable.  Hence II’m wondering if VK1RGI isn’t processing messages properly.  My igate hears my vehicle’s beacons but that’s only over 300 metres or so.

I can’t spot any current forwarding by VK1RGI yet there’s normally quite some traffic around Canberra.  Can someone confirm that VK1RGI is or is not operating properly?

Thanks,
Graeme
VK2HFG