[OZAPRS] Setting up a wx station at a local rc airfield

Carl Makin carl at stagecraft.cx
Mon Mar 18 19:51:06 AEDT 2019

Hi max,

> On 18 Mar 2019, at 4:46 pm, Max Bainrot <mbainrot at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Main desire for APRS is it's low power use (site is unpowered) and relative simplicity, no updates or kernel panics to break stuff :) I found a WX which has integrated APRS modem, just hook up a radio and off you go which is very handy, and it doesn't cost the earth which is nice.

UHF CB channels 22 and 23 are allocated for data and could be used for what you want.

https://www.acma.gov.au/Citizen/TV-Radio/Radio/Marine-and-Amateur-Radio/citizen-band-radio-service-cbrs-fact-sheet <https://www.acma.gov.au/Citizen/TV-Radio/Radio/Marine-and-Amateur-Radio/citizen-band-radio-service-cbrs-fact-sheet>

Carl.
(vk1kcm)