[OZAPRS] Foundation and RF APRS

Marcus B mrmabs at gmail.com
Mon Dec 23 22:28:21 AEDT 2019

So, from looking at the thread(s) so far:
* Dropping the VK at the start is fine, just put the full callsign in the
comment to cover all your bases.
* Dropping the number from the callsign may cause conflicts between states
and isn't advisable.
* These callsigns are making it out into the APRS-IS network, not being
invalidated and being used and stored, and anyone generating statistics
from these may be incorrect, but there isn't a lot of calls.
* It's great to see F-calls using APRS.

Is it possible for this to be published on the aprs.net.au website, so any
foundation call newbies can feel more welcome?

73,
vk5wtf / vk3tst

On Fri, 20 Dec 2019 at 21:19, vk2tv <vk2tv at exemail.com.au> wrote:

> Scott,
>
> Not OT for me.
>
> Ray vk2tv
>
> On 20/12/19 11:10 pm, Scott Evans wrote:
>
> For the Tier2 servers T2TAS & T2SYDNEY(I'm the sysop of T2TAS) they will
> reject all non verified stations. So if you forget to include your pass
> code then you will be ignored by the server for passing your traffic to the
> internet. I can't answer on behalf of T2QLD or T2PERTH (is that still
> online?) and for any of the ZL (New Zealand) based servers. Whereas I-Gates
> generally don't do any filtering. Only exception to this would be for
> RFONLY NOGATE to destinations.
>
> I realise this is a little bit off the topic, but just wanted to clarify
> the Tier2 internet side of things...
>
> Cheers
>
> VK7HSE Scott Evans

"The universe is an intelligence test." -- Timothy Leary