[OZAPRS] New Proposed APRS Digi for Adelaide - ideas?

Tony Hunt wavetel at internode.on.net
Tue Jul 24 12:42:37 AEST 2018

 Hi Grant,

Long time no talk.  I am quite happy to provide a UIDigi Eprom for 5RSB-1 if
you want. I am just about to do a new one for RLH-1 Just get it going using
a standard TNC2 eprom and then once your happy just drop in the Ui-Digi
eprom. I can configure it similarly to 5RHO 5RMB 5RLH 5BRC and they will all
work together happily. Ive never run a UiDigi with the sate machine and open
squelch as you described but you have all the hardware with the radio and
TNC2 or clone. It just needs a Eprom dropped in.
May be we can take that discussion off this list. Having a digi at
Summertown will be pretty amazing I suspect so its a great idea.
Ive got a mobile phone number for you still which ends in 048 but that's
probably history.

The current state of affairs is pretty sad with APRS on RF in Adelaide. Not
to many of us have the sort of time that we used to. Currently I am working
on 5RSC which has been off air for nearly 12 months. This will be going back
on site soon.  Terry 5ATN has noticed the issues with 5RLH which is next on
the list and is hopefully an easy fix. Looks like I will be taking a drive
up there soon to Lochiel.
I need to talk to someone about 5RMB-1 Digi. Its just not working any more
and once you go east of Crafers currently the mobile coverage is just not
there. Since the site revamp at RMB it only worked breifly and then stopped.
There are various theories including possible antenna issues.

Tony Hunt VK5AH
  wavetel at internode.on.net    www.wavetel.net.au     PH 0418 814 444