[OZAPRS] New Proposed APRS Digi for Adelaide - ideas?

vk2tv vk2tv at exemail.com.au
Tue Jul 24 10:05:19 AEST 2018

My first reply ended up private to Grant, so this is take two!

Hi Grant,

I was using a Tiny-2 with DCD option on 145.825 for aprs satellitesand
86 days ago (current uptime) I changed to an Odroid C1+ running
Direwolf, and I'm now decoding between two and three times the number of
satellitetransmisions, this using the same radio, a Kenwood TM-V71A. The
Raspberry Pi is also a suitable computer but I chose the Odroid because
it has a RTC on board and  a battery backup option for it.

Direwolf does something a hardware TNC can't do, it compensates for
signals that are over or under deviated and signals with grossly
incorrect pre-emphasis. If you haven't already, have a read of A Better
Packet Demodulator on this site
https://github.com/wb2osz/direwolf/tree/master/doc

I'm surprised Glenn didn't try to talk you into using Direwolf and an
Odroid (;->)
Regards

Ray vk2tv

(Hi to Glenn VK1XX, the XU4 is working fine with Armbian).