[OZAPRS] Distorted tones in central VK5 area (Terry, VK5ATN)

Tony Hunt wavetel at internode.on.net
Thu Jul 12 01:08:30 AEST 2018

 Terry,

I believe your right on the money there. 5RLH has not been seen on air
properly decoded for over 30 days now.
I directed some specific packets at 5RLH-1 tonight to confirm it and yes
it’s the very same animal when I got responses back from it. It sounds like
a fair bit of Humm on the transmission so it may indicate a power supply
issue. Its basically undecodable. I heard this one myself about a week ago
while out in the northern suburbs but could never work it out.
There is no doubt in my mind that its 5RLH after doing those tests tonight.

So good on ya for nailing it for us. Perhaps Mark could take this up with
Graham 5GH as I believe he has the contacts out there and was likely the
last one to look at it. Otherwise I will give him a ring.

Tony VK5AH