[OZAPRS] (no subject)

Glen English VK1XX glenlist at pacificmedia.com.au
Wed Oct 18 14:42:35 AEDT 2017

howdy

yeah I did alot with the radio broadcast standard DRM years ago.. got to
know it and HF data comms pretty well. Still maintain my ASAPS license,
etc amongst others,  but I no longer run my own ionosondesince moving to
canberra (suburbia constraints)

the broadcasting  mode of course, the receivers cannot ask for repeats :-)

You are right,  single carrier high QAM modems work well ....unless the
path is changing rapidly, like sunrise sunset vertical incidence.
(which even the DRM mode D doesn't quite keep up with) , that's pretty
much the thin edge of the edge in HF broadcasting as you probably know....

pays to stay at the MUF to keep the multihop to a minimum, of
course...although that's living dangerously on reliability/ realtime
measurement of path MUF required, did some of that.. interesting stuff.

It's an interesting area. I'll make sure I make time to have lunch with
you next time I am in town.