[OZAPRS] [amsat-bb] Falconsat-3 Test 2 - Signalink USB Sound Card 9k6

Scott Evans vk7hse at gmail.com
Fri Oct 13 10:20:41 AEDT 2017

Most of the micro cube sats are using cut down tape measures so they can be
folded for transport and then once released they pop into position.

I've never done any serious satellite chasing, but what I have done has all
been with a humble 2m ¼ wave vertical. I've even used the 2m ¼ wave on 70cm
because it gives you a higher angle radiation pattern. The times on AO-51,
VO-52, PCSAT2 (suitcase sized solar panel experiment that was on 70cm at
9k6) all were satisfactory (not optimal)

I've even spoken to ZL (2m ssb) on that same ¼ wave, so again it's not the
best tool for the job but it's something...