[OZAPRS] tncs

Glen English VK1XX glenlist at pacificmedia.com.au
Thu Oct 12 19:43:02 AEDT 2017

Dire wolf is pretty good. the code is written in a style I like. which
is half the battle.

(notice I said style- everything is subjective)

....you can do a little bit better than direwolf, but not much better.
The FM threshold/clicks kill the bottom end, IE it is not a gradual
disappearance (low SNR into the noise), it is an abrupt ending...

I am glad others like it, I only discovered it when looking through what
was out there a few weeks ago.

For VK1RGI-1 mt ginini, I have built a new dual channel TNC using
DireWolf running on a ODROID XU4 (overkill but plenty spare) .

I have not done much with packet since...since  I had a Vancouver TNC..
and played with V2 protocol, and also packet on microbee using the
onboard Z8530 SCC.... yes many years aware from it all.