[OZAPRS] Digital satellites

Mark Jessop lenniethelemming at gmail.com
Thu Oct 12 18:55:39 AEDT 2017

SatNOGS is the project which is intending to fill this niche. It's almost
there.

It'll do doppler correction, rotator control (via HamLib), and pass
demodulated data to the internet. Passes are scheduled via the SatNOGS
network: http://network.satnogs.org

FSK 9k6 demodulation is in early days, and the modem needs tuning. It will
eventually pass data into db.satnogs.org. Probably 99% of the FSK9k6
telemetry being transmitted is *not* APRS-suitable traffic, and shouldn't
be passed into APRS-IS.

There's no AFSK1k2 demod yet, but I've been able to hack the default FM
demodulator to pass audio out to direwolf, and hence into APRS-IS. That's
how my ARISS SatGate is running at the moment.

Check back in 6 months and it'll probably be at the state where what you
want is usable.

73
Mark VK5QI