[OZAPRS] Digital satellites

Andrew Rich vk4tec at tech-software.net
Thu Oct 12 18:47:25 AEDT 2017

I am amazed at the radios, both analog and software defined and decoders tnc’s and programs that are out there

I really can’t be bothered mapping what works with what

I am convinced dire wolf is the best software defined decoder. It has been proved against a TNC

I have a Mac Laptop and a Windows Laptop, perl to interface the two

MacDoppler author won’t do TCP IP Freq adjustment and Alex is stuck on TCP IP doppler adjustment

I just want a single LINUX / Mac based solution that does

+ Satellite tracking
+ Doppler Correction
+ Rotator control
+ Demods 1k2 9k6
+ And passes it to the internet

To do this I have stuff everywhere and its messy

I am hoping one day that will change

Why can’t we have TCP/IP radios ? that demod and doppler correct and decode .

Oh well

Andrew