[OZAPRS] 6M Radio - maxtrac

Matthew Cook vk5zm at bistre.net
Sun Nov 19 22:56:04 AEDT 2017

I've modded a few low-band Motorola Syntrx's but had to re-write the
firmware in a new processor to be able to get the divisors to work properly
for 6m.  Helps I also had the same problem with 2m and 70cm units, so
killed three birds with one stone.  The motorola programs just refused to
play on the ham bands.

However I've also recently acquired an Alinco DR06t with internal TNC,
there are times when the time to convert radios just wasn't worth it.  Not
a bad radio IMHO for a hammy.  There will be connected mode packet on 6m at
our paddling marathon in the not too distant future.  But as someone
recently posted 6m is difficult in a mobile/portable environment properly.
It does however run down cannons like 160m SSB (*grin*).

73

Matthew
VK5ZM