[OZAPRS] How to make a raspberry pi satgate for the ISS

Gavin Rogers grogers at vk6hgr.echidna.id.au
Sun Nov 19 12:42:05 AEDT 2017

On 19/11/2017 9:30 AM, vk4tec at tech-software.net wrote:

> Or, as i've mentioned before, just link to the existing Direwolf
> SDR+APRS guide, which covers off setting up an igate pretty well:
> https://github.com/wb2osz/direwolf/blob/master/doc/Raspberry-Pi-SDR-IGate.pdf

In this guide, there's a link to a script that will tune to a NOAA
frequency and re-calibrate an SDR TV stick (
https://github.com/khaytsus/direwolf-init )

What would be a good high-stability signal source here in VK for the
calibration? I used to use the kal program to calibrate against GSM
transmitters, but that's not possible any more. I'd think the trunking
control channel for an emergency services' channel would be stable,
strong and always on? Or DAB+ transmitter, or..?

73
Gavin.

--

       Gavin Rogers                     |  Amateur radio station VK6HGR
     http://www.livingwaters.com/good   |     http://vk6hgr.ampr.org/
                MSN/Skype/Email: grogers at vk6hgr.echidna.id.au