[OZAPRS] on fixbits

Glen English VK1XX glenlist at pacificmedia.com.au
Wed Nov 15 20:02:22 AEDT 2017

howdy

I experimented with FIXBITS=1, 2 3 and 4. you are right about high
FIXBITS numbers being trouble

I think FIXBITS=1 is certainly worthwhile. I want maximum sensitivity
and a bit error rate of 1 in 1000 I dont want to lose the packet.

Happy to have a falses... one bit can get corrupted by an FM click on a
weak signal. Depends a bit on the characteristics of the FM demodulator
in use.

I will look at the overnight logs tomorrow, might go back to 1.

I think 2 is worthwhile if it is teamed up with some other confidence
mechanism. There are a few sanity checks in the code. Could do with some
more sanity checks.

Next week will do some testing here of a TM8100 receiver (digital demod)
versus behaviour of fixbits, and provide you guys some real numbers,
rather than pulling them out of my arse.

cheers