[OZAPRS] dire wolf platform

Glen English VK1XX glenlist at pacificmedia.com.au
Thu Nov 9 20:18:29 AEDT 2017

For my Direwwolf I use a ODROID C2 or ODROID C1 or XU4. Ginini has an
XU4 because I want to move it somewhere.

the GPIO is easily accessed, like Pi.  I just have the PTT GPIO line
driving a transistor via a single resistor (and resistor to ground to
cover the reset / HiZ condition)

and I use a $10 USB sound device. any seem to work.

and one of those 5V switchers for $3 with some ceramic capacitors in
parallell with the electros.

I HAVE ACTUALLY made a daughter board for ODROIDs to drop onto.. has USB
audio chip, PTT lines, DCD lines, 5V switchmode power supply on it and
slots in a hammond extrusion box..

just got to get it into my SMT line and build some. I have a stencil for
it, just need to pull my finger out.... designed for this job.

I dont think most users need audio isolation. Just make sure the ground
of the radio goes to the ground of the computer with a wire . I dont
know why people have so many issues with earth loops and ground hums, I
just have a wire between my radio neg and the PC case screw  at
home....(as the audio cards are often floating)