[OZAPRS] Status of the HF network ?

Glen English VK1XX glenlist at pacificmedia.com.au
Thu Nov 9 20:08:52 AEDT 2017

Carlos

Have a look at dire wolf

you can run it on an $20 ARM  platform....(like I do)

drawing 1/2 a watt....

and it does 300 baud HF.....

real easy

it's what ginini will be shortly, and isaacs... and and and

On 9/11/2017 7:57 PM, Carlos Peco-Berrocal wrote:
> Thanks Andrew/Mark,
>
> Yep, I found that APRSDroid does 1200 bps only. I will explore the
> OpenTrackerUSB option, sounds interesting to me !
>
> 73
> Carlos VK1EA
>

> On 11/9/17, Mark Jessop <lenniethelemming at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Looking through the APRS Droid options, I don't see the ability to generate
>> 300 baud APRS (call it whatever you want, FSK or AFSK) output.
>> In fact, there are no baud rate settings at all, just the choice between
>> 'Internet' (APRS-IS), and 'Audio' (which I'm assuming is 1200 baud FSK,
>> intended for use with a FM transceiver).
>>
>> There appears to be an iPhone/iPad application 'APRSPro' which may do 300
>> baud APRS, but I a cursory google search hasn't found an equivalent Android
>> application.
>>
>> Within my car I've used an OpenTrackerUSB configured into 300 baud mode,
>> hooked into my Codan NGT SRx. These units are TX only however. At about
>> AUD$50-60, it's fairly cheap way of getting HF APRS beaconing going.
>> For a receiver, I'd probably recommend using Direwolf.
>>
>> 73
>> Mark VK5QI
>>

>> On Thu, Nov 9, 2017 at 6:20 PM, Andrew Rich <vk4tec at tech-software.net>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> AFSK on Ssb results in fsk
>>>
>>> Sent from my iPhone
>>>
>>> On 9 Nov 2017, at 6:17 pm, Carlos Peco-Berrocal <carlos.peco at gmail.com>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Andrew,
>>>
>>> For HF as well ?
>>>
>>> I thought it was AFSK tones for VHF only
>>>
>>> cheers
>>> Carlos
>>>

>>> Le jeudi 9 novembre 2017, Andrew Rich <vk4tec at tech-software.net> a écrit
>>> :

>>> 7Cvk3tbn%40hotmail.com%7Cd39dca1f105c4e1ff47208d527312b32%
>>> 7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636458014486823593&sdata=