[OZAPRS] Status of the HF network ?

Mark Jessop lenniethelemming at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 19:36:20 AEDT 2017

Looking through the APRS Droid options, I don't see the ability to generate
300 baud APRS (call it whatever you want, FSK or AFSK) output.
In fact, there are no baud rate settings at all, just the choice between
'Internet' (APRS-IS), and 'Audio' (which I'm assuming is 1200 baud FSK,
intended for use with a FM transceiver).

There appears to be an iPhone/iPad application 'APRSPro' which may do 300
baud APRS, but I a cursory google search hasn't found an equivalent Android
application.

Within my car I've used an OpenTrackerUSB configured into 300 baud mode,
hooked into my Codan NGT SRx. These units are TX only however. At about
AUD$50-60, it's fairly cheap way of getting HF APRS beaconing going.
For a receiver, I'd probably recommend using Direwolf.

73
Mark VK5QI