[OZAPRS] APRS- UI digi question NEUTBAY

Josh vk2hff at vk2hff.ampr.org
Mon Nov 6 19:02:30 AEDT 2017

Hi Dave,
It is VK2NR-5 that I can hear gating it to RF as a bulletin, its not
coming my way via VK2BV-4.

Here's what my igate hears - VK2NR-5 is gating it with a path of WIDE1-1
and an (I think) invalid bulletin tag - it should be "::BLN2     :"
according to the spec?

[0.3] VK2NR-5>APRS,WIDE1-1:}NEUTBA>APRS,TCPIP,VK2NR-5*::BLN2SYDTD:Tide
0.32M, Vis 25Km, Cloud 05 Okt, Air Qual 40, UV idx 1.1

Then VK2RHR digipeats it, but something in the frame is confusing RHR
because it adds its own callsign to the path but *fails to decrement*
the hop count - which is why this is traveling far further than any
other packet digipeated by RHR:

[0.3]
VK2NR-5>APRS,VK2RHR-1*,WIDE1-1:}NEUTBA>APRS,TCPIP,VK2NR-5*::BLN2SYDTD:Tide
0.32M, Vis 25Km, Cloud 05 Okt, Air Qual 40, UV idx 1.1

Lucky it doesn't affect other digipeaters in the same way as it does
RHR, or it would be digipeated all up and down the east coast!

- Josh VK2HFF