[OZAPRS] Falsonsat-3 overload

Glen English VK1XX glenlist at pacificmedia.com.au
Mon Nov 6 06:09:15 AEDT 2017

Hi Andrew

what is your feedline loss ?

As you know , low end SDRs have very limited dynamic range, .. 45-50dB..
designed for TV reception, there is the assumption that all the TV
signals are about the same signal strength, which is a good assumption
in Ausralia (5dB ish required) , different in the USA.

Therefore any gain in front of the SDR must be very very carefully added.

I suggest you invest in a tight front end filter.

Maybe I can send you one grattis.

What freq ?