[OZAPRS] HF APRS Net Stations

Peter Wicklein vk3tbn at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 24 01:47:46 AEDT 2017

Mal,

HF aprs works well and covers the whole of Australia. There are nets in 30 meters and 40 meters. My experience is that 30 meters works well from 7am to 7pm and then 40m works best after that.

Both nets work well, like any more, preparation factors need to be considered.

In regards to Tuning, note the type of modem you have as it sets the Carrier offset. Look on.line for details. Google and you tube are your friend.

Major item is setting ALC for correct input level, so it does not overdrive and distort,  which is add input till it shows on the ALC and then back off gently  until it doesn’t show any level.

Then you should be ok… I'm overseas at the moment, but by then end of the week I will be back, contact me direct on my email and only too happy to listen out and check your signal.

I hope this note finds you well and it sounds like a wonderful trip.

Yours in Radio

Pete

Sent from my Windows 10 phone