[OZAPRS] My digi

Josh vk2hff at vk2hff.ampr.org
Fri Dec 22 16:52:44 AEDT 2017

Hi Bob,

On 22/12/2017 11:31 AM, Bob wrote:
[snip]

> 10:46:57$ fm VK2BYF-9 to STU1P9-0 via WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1 UI PID=F0
> 10:46:58$ fm VK2BYF-9 to STU1P9-0 via VK2BYF-1,WIDE1-0,WIDE2-1 UI PID=F0

> The first line 10:46:57$ is from the TinyTrak in the car direct?
>
> The second line 10:46:58$ shows vk2byf-9 has been digipeaded by
> vk2byf-1, 1 second later, where the first WIDE1-1 has been replaced by
> the my digipeater's callsign?
Correct on both - although technically your digipeater (correctly)
decremented the WIDE1-1 path's remaining hops from 1 to 0 and prepended
its own callsign, not replaced it. WIDEn-0 is usually truncated to just
WIDEn, but they both mean the same thing.

> So my digipeater works and I can move on to my next project or did I
> miss something?

Looks like its time to start your next project ;)

I assume you configured your digipeater to act as a local WIDE1 fill-in
only?

- Josh VK2HFF