[OZAPRS] 10.147 MHz antenna

Peter Dodd dodd.pc at bigpond.com
Sat Dec 9 22:58:37 AEDT 2017

Hi Andrew,

SO239 base is mounted on approx 200 x 200 mm sheet of aluminium which is bolted to the rack.

Rack is providing a counterpoise of sorts.

At this time rack does not have a good dc path to chassis (fibreglass canopy in the way).

In process of making earthing straps using copper strips approx 25 mm wide to remedy this.

Shifted antenna late yesterday and haven't redone sweep yet.

Should be able to get back to it tomorrow.

Heard by vk4mq-4 1600km so it is operational but probably not ideal

Regards

Peter