[OZAPRS] Hf gates CD

vk4tec at tech-software.net vk4tec at tech-software.net
Thu Dec 7 17:57:01 AEDT 2017

Go for a walk

-----Original Message-----
From: OZAPRS [mailto:ozaprs-bounces at aprs.net.au] On Behalf Of Glen English VK1XX
Sent: Thursday, 7 December 2017 4:55 PM
To: ozaprs at aprs.net.au
Subject: Re: [OZAPRS] Hf gates CD

tracker might well have CD but:

1) Consider that in the mobile, you wont hear any stations less than the skip distance (unless they are 10km away) . The daytime skip distance might be 700km.... so anyone inside that distance you wont hear  cause the ionosphere wont support it..it wont support any angles higher than perhaps 45 degrees.

The base station though will hear lots of transmissions from lots of stations >700km  to 1500km away, so there would be significant collision chance if the position update is too often. Maybe 10 minutes might be suitable. I dunno why people run..

2) With a 5%  to 10%  efficiency mobile you wont hear too much unless the propagation is optimal...

glen