[OZAPRS] Roll Call - SAT GATES

Mark Jessop lenniethelemming at gmail.com
Wed Aug 30 20:53:15 AEST 2017

Realistically most FM receivers are wide enough to not care about a few kHz
of doppler like you get on VHF LEOs. The receiver in my car (TM-D710G)
decodes the ISS fine without doppler correction.
On UHF it's of course a completely different story, with doppler pushing
the signal well past the edges of a standard FM receiver's RX filters.

Yes, doppler correction will probably improve performance somewhat, but I'm
not entirely sure the increase in ground-station complexity is completely
justified.

Go take a look at 145.175 MHz with a SDR at some point... plenty of
stations off-frequency!

73
Mark VK5QI