[OZAPRS] Programming task

Mark Jessop lenniethelemming at gmail.com
Mon Aug 21 08:16:45 AEST 2017

It sounds like you are trying to add IGating functionality to GQRX? (One of
not-that-many SDR programs which has an inbuilt AFSK1200 demod, there may
be others).

Why? What are you trying to achieve that cannot already be achieved through
some combination of existing software?

Did you know that you can easily send audio data from GQRX into something
like Direwolf [1] ? (via at least 2 methods that I know of) Direwolf can
then do the sound-modem bit (and probably perform better at that role than
the SDR software's inbuilt decoder), and I-Gate packets, or display them.

If you want to go even further, YAAC [2] will take input from APRS-IS
(which is what i assume you're getting at) and also from Direwolf (a
'soundmodem'), and can show you a list of packets (and, y'know, show them
on a map too...). It will also do I-Gating. YACC is a nice cross-platform
alternative to things like UIVIew (ugh) and Xastir.

73
Mark VK5QI

[1] http://gqrx.dk/doc/streaming-audio-over-udp
[2] http://www.ka2ddo.org/ka2ddo/YAAC.html