[OZAPRS] APRS Igate/Sgate on Raspberry Pi?

Andrew Rich vk4tec at tech-software.net
Sun May 22 14:37:07 AEST 2016

Recently amateur radio hobbyist WB20SZ wrote in to us to let us know about his work with creating an easy to build receive only APRS internet gateway (IGate) with a Raspberry Pi and RTL-SDR dongle. The process involves using WB20SZ’s “Dire Wolf” software which is a free Linux based APRS encoder/decoder. He writes that it can be used to observe APRS traffic, as a digipeater, APRStt gateway or Internet Gateway (IGate). Setting up the APRS IGate is a simple matter of piping the received APRS audio from rtl_fm into the direwolf software. Instructions for installing direwolf can be found here.

Sent from my iPhone
Andrew Rich
vk4tec at tech-software.net
www.tech-software.net