[OZAPRS] Igate

Steve stevez at tpg.com.au
Wed Mar 2 22:15:15 AEDT 2016

Well, it seems that no suggestion can meet your requirements.

Consumer type turn-key "black boxes" are always going to cost more, if
they even exist in this instance (What's that Polish box worth in $AU?).

A Raspberry Pi is US $35, draws something like 5W, and with a $2 USB
soundcard, Direwolf and some GPIO interfacing for PTT would do what you
want. That's cheap to buy and cheap to run, but doesn't match the "no
computer" criteria, and requires some work to get going (although you've
been using computers since the Z80 and 6502 era, so that should be OK).

So pick one of the above - cheap and requires some work OR expensive and
is plug-and-play.

Steve.