[OZAPRS] Antenna for HF-APRS...

Gordon Taylor gordon at thetaylorclub.com
Wed Mar 4 08:22:34 EST 2015

Terry,

                There are plenty of ways to mount antennas on Pajeros, I
have 5 on mine and two of them are HF.

I have a Terlin base and spring and an old RFDS whip retuned with some
alfoil and heatshrink to get it from 9.995MHz to 10.14670 MHz, this is
mounted on the bulbar.

The other HF antenna is a Sierra Sidekick screwdriver mounted on a Terlin
spring on a custom mount on the back door that attaches via the mounts for
the spare tyre cover swing frame.

I can send you some pictures if you like.

Yes newer cars take some ingenuity but it can be done.

Regards

Gordon  VK4VP