[OZAPRS] 40m gates

Matthew Cook vk5zm at bistre.net
Fri Dec 18 09:53:41 EST 2015

Hi Gerard,

I've queried the WIA decision makers and TAC (both state and federal) and
will wait for a response.  It will help to understand where the WIA is
coming from in any frequency change decision etc.  I'm fairly confident
your right about the Region 1/2 harmonisation... however haven't seen much
CW over 7020 unless there is a special event station there somewhere.

I guess it will ultimately be up to the operators of the Gates to decide
where they put their transceivers.  I also remember how passionate Larry
VK5LY was about his 40m gate (*grin*).

Of an afternoon on 40m I hear a great deal of SSB nets between 7040 and
7060 here from VK5, every 5kHz is typical.   A few of these nets have been
there for years, so having someone come up on them will always result in
some angst.

A good question on harmonisation, don't know google foo required.  It makes
sense to limit this to VK/ZL and the surrounding areas.  Not sure who or
what "surrounding areas" means just yet.

Probably a good idea to see what information comes back from the WIA and
just simply sit tight for the time being.

73

Matthew
VK5ZM