[OZAPRS] MICE usage

Liz edodd55 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 27 06:37:01 EST 2014

QTR Thu, 25 Sep 2014 07:28:01 +1000 Owen Duffy QTC

> This morning, looking at VK2TGB-7 which has been stationary for the
> entire 48 hour history in aprs.fi and has beaconed every 2 minutes
> (yes, that is 2880 beacons for a station which did not move, repeated
> by several digis into the Sydney region and until recently, gated from
> APRS-IS back to RF by VK2ASY in Orange so that it travelled back via
> Orange, Ginini and Illawarra/Southern Highlands digs to the Sydney
> region again).

I gate some packets from APRSIS to RF. Using aprx, those packets are
sent such they are not digipeated.
I'm not sure which software Kim VK2ASY is using, (he was testing
aprsis32 in March), nor if that software offers the choice to mark the
packets from APRSIS not to be digipeated.

With VK2RGF-1 not digipeating for the last couple of weeks, I'm not
hearing anything from Orange lately, so I don't know what is on air at
present (if lucky I can hear VK2RWG-1).