[OZAPRS] Delayed Packets being sent to APRS.IS

Dom Dahl vk2hj69 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 11:47:01 EST 2014

Hi All

I have noticed that there have been a couple I-Gates in VK2 and that have
been delaying sending packets to the aprs.is. Some delays observed have
been over 20+ minutes.

I used to own a Kantronics KPC3 years ago and new it had issues with
delaying packets. Back then I never really investigated why and use the old
faithful MFJ-1270b

I found this link today which explains there is a bug in the KPC3.

IF YOU RUN AN IGATE AND USE A KANTRONICS KPC3 PLEASE READ THE LINK

http://blog.aprs.fi/2011/03/kantronics-kpc3-considered-harmful.html

Cheers

Dom
VK2HJ