[OZAPRS] replacement cable

Matthew Cook vk5zm at bistre.net
Thu Oct 23 15:33:34 EST 2014

Ben,

Check that you can't use the PG-5F extension kit with the TH-D700.  They
look suspiciously the same as the PG-4X.  You'd just need to check the
pinout us ok,

I simply used shielded CAT5e for my TH-D710 control cable when I installed
it in the car.

Beware that you've got to be careful with your shielded pairs if you try to
do this for the microphone cable, or your'll get serial noise on your
transmitted audio.

73

Matthew
VK5ZM