[OZAPRS] Digipeaters and iGATE's

aprs@tonola.com.au aprs at tonola.net.au
Mon Oct 20 17:51:40 EST 2014

Hi Liz and others.

I have been running a Rpi here with APRX in receive only mode for about
6months and it has not missed a beat other than a short period when the
internet went down, even then the R-pi just picked up and carried on
when the net came back.

The pi and radio both run on the shack solar powered 12 volt rail.  The
tnc is a tnc-pi which plugs directly onto the pi

I agree it is much easier on the network running the IGate on receive only

Regards Tony VK3API  (Lilydale S.E. Melbourne)