[OZAPRS] TNC capture range

Darryl Smith darryl at radio-active.net.au
Sat Oct 11 18:51:20 EST 2014

Owen commented:
>Isn't that entirely about VHF APRS using AFSK and Ham202 (ham adaptation
>of Bell202) on FM LMR?
>
>It does not address the frequency accuracy issue that arises with FSK on
>HF.

Kenneth has done more, some of which was in his presentation at the DCC,
as opposed just to his paper. What he found was that there is that no two
implementations of the Bell 202 are the same, with how they want the
amplitudes of the tones, and their performance in noise, at base band.

If there is a lack of data about what the best relative amplitude of the
tones going into the modem decoder is for the best SNR, you have little
hope of working out what to use. At least that was what I got out of his
presentation, and then spending too many hours in the bar that night
talking to him about this stuff

Darryl

---------
Darryl Smith, VK2TDS POBox 169 Ingleburn NSW 2565 Australia
Mobile Number 0412 929 634 [+61 4 12 929 634 Int] - 02 9618 6459