[OZAPRS] TNC capture range

Darryl Smith darryl at radio-active.net.au
Sat Oct 11 16:24:05 EST 2014

Hi Ian

Sounds like a doctoral thesis topic there!

Kenneth Finnegan (http://blog.thelifeofkenneth.com/) has actually been
working on something really similar to this as a masters thesis.

He presented a paper at the 2014 DCC - http://www.tapr.org/pub_dcc33.html

www.tapr.org/pdf/DCC2014-Amateur-Bell-202-Modem-W6KWF-and-Bridget-Benson.pd

One of the jobs in my To Do is to create a program that creates a heap of
short WAV files with a single APRS packet in each, with different tone
aptitudes, and noise floor and separations, so that we can feed many many
many files into each of the modems to see what is decoded to get some
decent answers

Darryl

---------
Darryl Smith, VK2TDS POBox 169 Ingleburn NSW 2565 Australia
Mobile Number 0412 929 634 [+61 4 12 929 634 Int] - 02 9618 6459