[OZAPRS] Videos from the TAPR/ARRL Digital Communications Conference

Darryl Smith darryl at radio-active.net.au
Sat Oct 11 08:57:09 EST 2014

Hi All

Many of you would know that I am the only director of TAPR from outside
North America. In September, we co-hosted the annual Digital
Communications Conference with the ARRL in Austin, Texas, which I was
fortunate to be able to attend. It was a really amazing time, although I
did get to visit an Austrian Beer Café in Plano (³No Kangaroos²), Waco (a
few too many times), what is left of the township if West, and Richardson
(now Ebola Central of Texas)

The conference was amazing - I literally did not step outside the hotel
between late Wednesday night and Monday morning! Where else could you go
to breakfast, start chatting to the person on the table next to you about
how they are building VERY straight microwave links between Chicago and
New York, and then be handed a pair of 3.3 GHz radios!

Anyway, the videos for the event are now starting to appear online, thanks
to Ham Radio Now and a Kickstarter Campaign.

	http://arvideonews.com/hrn/

The first presentations to be released are on the new open API for the
FlexRadio radios, and Bruce Perens B6BP talking about AMBE and IP law.

	http://arvideonews.com/hrn/HRN_Episode_0164.html
	http://arvideonews.com/hrn/HRN_Episode_0167.html

To be honest, I have not seen the videos yet, but I expect them to be
fantastic. The talks themselves were brilliant. Feel free to let other
hams about this and forward this to your local radio clubs - either for a
video night if you don¹t have a presenter, or for your club newsletters

Darryl

P.S. Slight commercial blurb - Many would know I started a new company to
control existing remote controlled Air Conditioners called Redshift
Wireless (www.redshiftwireless.com). If anyone has any any leads or wants
to get involved, send me an email. Any assistance would be appreciated

---------
Darryl Smith, VK2TDS POBox 169 Ingleburn NSW 2565 Australia
Mobile Number 0412 929 634 [+61 4 12 929 634 Int] - 02 9618 6459