[OZAPRS] Simpson Desert APRS via ISS

Liz VK2XSE edodd at billiau.net
Tue May 6 20:25:27 EST 2014

QTR Thu, 24 Apr 2014 22:49:30 +1000 Andrew Gilbett QTC

> Just arrived in Alice springs, I have an interesting track across the
> Simpson desert via the ISS.

I thought about this today as I drove through areas with no 2m digi
coverage and 2 of the local Telstra phone towers out of action.
I used a SIM on the Optus network.

I had a look enroute (when I stopped for a break), tuned the radio to
ISS frequency, but the details I could find on the net suggested I
needed to rewrite my PATH to ARISS.
All of this seemed to be about 10 years old information, so is this still required?