[OZAPRS] ISS settings etc

Terry, VK5ATN vk5atn at internode.on.net
Sun Jun 8 22:59:24 EST 2014

On 8/06/2014 2:18 PM, ozaprs-request at aprs.net.au wrote:
> [...]
Well that certainly could be a factor in my observation that I don't
have as much success with westerly passes as I do with those on the
eastern side.

My beacon rate is every 60 seconds.   I'm very much aware of the need
for economy in these settings, but I think that gives myself and others
a sporting chance on any pass.   I'm happy to accept discussion on other
values.

Incidently you can see what others use for beacon settings by further
exploration of the main ISS stations heard page:

http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/ariss/index.cgi

Scroll down to the stations heard list and click on any callsign of
interest:

eg http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/find.cgi?VK5ATN-4

Then on the extreme LHS of that page:

http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/raw.cgi?call=VK5ATN-4

There may be better ways of doing it, but this is how I arrived at the
settings which worked for me.  There are variations in these paras - as
you can discover.

Apologies if this is already known to everyone. :-[

FWIW

73
/Terry//
//VK5ATN//