[OZAPRS] VK2RCC not working

Liz edodd at billiau.net
Mon Jan 6 17:43:27 EST 2014

On Mon, 06 Jan 2014 12:55:20 +1100
Ray Wells <vk2tv at exemail.com.au> wrote:

> Hi John,
>
> Thanks for your input.
>
> Please understand I was not being critical, I really do understand
> the problems that distance can create, and gear does go down. My one
> regret is that I was unable to experience "normal" vhf aprs coverage
> in that part of the state because I think it would have been even
> more impressive than it already was.
>
> Regards,
> Ray vk2tv

I agree with Ray. APRS coverage on VHF is improving, but the more sites
we have, the more times we will have breakdowns.

I, too, "need" HF APRS for some places I go which are out of reach of
all VHF repeaters, the mobile telephone systems etc.

If I went the 30 metre route
what antenna? (mounting it is problem number 1)
and what gear?

Liz
VK2XSE