[OZAPRS] HF APRS

Ray Wells vk2tv at exemail.com.au
Wed Feb 26 16:43:50 EST 2014

Mathew,

Thanks for the info. It's always good to know how others went about an
installation.

I had considered some sort of waterproof container, ranging from
Tupperware to some round 4l (approximately) buckets with tight-fitting
lid that I have here. That sort of arrangement could house the radio
(probably use my Baofeng 5W H/H), the TT3+ tracker (+battery) and puck
style GPS and it would all fit under the front hatch of the Hobie. The
Hobie has a mast socket (for a sail) close to the hatch and I'd thought
of using a 1m long aluminium mast of appropriate diameter to support a
GPI antenna. A w/proof box mounted on the mast for the gear would
facilitate quick installation/removal. There's probably other options
I've not thought about yet.

Please send the images.

Ray vk2tv