[OZAPRS] VK2XSE IGate

Steve stevez at tpg.com.au
Wed Feb 5 18:31:32 EST 2014

I had to go hunting for your bottom post ;-)

Here's a uname -r from one of mine. It was last rebooted when I did the
apt-get update/upgrade to get it to this state:-
Linux sandhills 3.10.25+ #622 PREEMPT Fri Jan 3 18:41:00 GMT 2014 armv6l
GNU/Linux

To be honest though, most of the problems were sorted by the time your
kernel was released so I'm still a bit surprised about your reliability
problems.

I'm probably not telling you anything you don't already know, but the
Raspberry Pi's are very sensitive to power input. If I see 4.7v across
TP1 and TP2 I start to get worried. If using the Micro USB connector, a
good power supply can be crippled by the I2R losses across a poor USB
cable. Using that USB port for power puts the Pi on the back foot to
begin with I reckon.
I feed power in via the GPIO header most of the time.

Anyway, good luck!

VK2ZSZ