[OZAPRS] PICO balloon APRS towards VK5

Andy Nguyen an at comms.net.au
Sat Aug 16 17:45:16 EST 2014

Yes Ron, the balloon did land in SA near Morgan after spending 3 days circling the state, at the same time as that massive rain front was passing SA this morning.

Bob VK5FO and Ray VK5RR gracefully offered to help with the recovery.

The payload was on the wet grass which killed APRS transmissions, but they did a great job with locating and retrieving the payload, using a combination of DF and software decoding to track the UHF signal.

Regards,
Andy