[OZAPRS] Low/no GPS signals

Jim Hiley jim at c-com.com.au
Wed Jan 9 08:49:02 EST 2013

No problems in North West Tassie

Jim VK7JH

  _____

From: ozaprs-bounces at aprs.net.au [mailto:ozaprs-bounces at aprs.net.au] On
Behalf Of Nik Presser
Sent: Wednesday, 9 January 2013 08:00
To: Australian APRS Users
Subject: [OZAPRS] Low/no GPS signals

G'day all on the APRS list,

Is anyone having trouble hearing a GPS satellite this morning?? I've got two
GPS receivers (one with active ext antenna) and I haven't heard a thing this
morning, since leaving Anakie to Geelong this morning, at approx 7am to thus
far. One of them, a Garmin GPS60CS (with ext ant) had a RX fail alarm on it
when I jumped in this morning and despite multiple resets of both systems, I
still can't hear anything. I note too that the APRS system was very quiet
down our way this morning too. The sky was overcast but no rain or heavy
smoke.

Anyone having the same issue?

Cheers,

Nik Presser