[OZAPRS] more questions

Liz edodd at billiau.net
Sat Sep 29 06:38:05 EST 2012

On Sat, 29 Sep 2012 00:58:16 +1000
Scott Evans <scott at vk7hse.hobby-site.org> wrote:

> Hi Liz,
>
> All your settings for open2300 are stored in the file open2300.conf
> this lives in /etc or /usr/local/etc
>
> To generate your passcode,  Xastir provides callpass to give you the
> magic numbers!  If you don't want to install Xastir just advise the
> call and I can post it here or off list.
>
> Sorry I can't help you with the Kenwood as I don't have one.
> - --
thanks for the answer.
The open2300.conf doesn't have an option for the passcode (v1.11)
I do have the passcode ready, thanks.

Further investigation in the code, and a bit of investigation on the
net, showed me that the passcode of "-1" is hardcoded in open2300. "-1"
is for the cwop servers, and when RF transmission is not required if a
callsign is used.