[OZAPRS] Raspbery Pi (RPi) Gateway

Mark Dods madods at optusnet.com.au
Wed Sep 5 09:05:14 EST 2012

On 3/09/2012 2:17 PM, Ray Wells wrote:
> All,
>
> For somewhere around two years or so I'd been searching for a computer
> with low input energy requirements to use as a gateway machine to
> replace a conventional desktop system. And then I moved location quite
> suddenly which threw my plans into chaos. I'm now in a position to
> reestablish gateway facilities with 2m, 30m and satgate facilities, as
> per my original gateway.
>
> Although I'd looked at the RPi (http://www.raspberrypi.org/) as a
> suitable computer, it was Bernard F6BVP (maintainer of xfbb and fpac)
> reporting that he had compiled a kernel with ax25 support that got me
> really interested. The latest Debian kernel -
> 2012-08-16-wheezy-raspbian.img -has kernel ax25 included.

[Snip]

Hi Ray,

I'm a lurker on the OZAPRS list as I'm interested, but have never got
around to actually implementing APRS.

I don't really have anything to contribute except to congratulate you on
your Raspberry Pi post. Its one of the most interesting and informative
mailing list posts I've ever read. I'll be watching for progress reports
with interest!

--
Regards,

Mark Dods, VK3ZR madods at optusnet.com.au