[OZAPRS] Raspbery Pi (RPi) Gateway

Ray Wells vk2tv at exemail.com.au
Tue Sep 4 10:31:02 EST 2012

I think I'm now ready to find some permanent enclosure for the hardware
- RPi, powered USB hub, USB/RS232 device and wifi dongle. The project
has outgrown the cardboard box :-)

I didn't mention in my original posting that the two USB ports on the
RPi can only supply 100mA and, thus, some hardware might cause excessive
have a 7 port hub that came with a 2A switch mode plug pack. I think it
cost me $20 at Big W about four years ago. To avoid two plug packs I
power the RPi from the hub and run a separate USB cable for the data.
The power socket on the RPI is power only, no data.

Ray vk2tv