[OZAPRS] Garmin Nuvi 660

Col Thompson vk2crt at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 11:05:21 EST 2012

Hi Rob...

I had a 660 as well as a 350 so once I got the 350 all set and working I
thought I would give the 660 a go (because of the larger screen). The
constant filling of the waypoints is a real pain. The 350 works great on my
then TMD700 (Kenwood). I still have this setup but have removed it from the
car as I have since purchased a Yaesu FTM350 with the GPS module. The
FTM350 advantage is less clutter with cables across the dash.

Nuvi 350's still come up on eBay from time to time at about $50 to $100.
The maps are easy to update from various sites on the web, hi hi.
Regards and 73

Col
(aka VK2CRT)