[OZAPRS] experimenting with rural digipeater

Scott Evans scott at vk7hse.hobby-site.org
Tue Nov 13 12:54:21 EST 2012

Hi Liz,

Basically what you are aiming for is to use the least amount of hops (digis) to be heard. Here in Tas, WIDE2-2 will pretty much have you covered! My igate regularly gates stations that are 200+ Km away from my location!

So for your home station I'd even suggest using a fixed path as that way your packet isn't going to be potentially competing against it's self like it can by using the generic WIDEx-x

For your mobile however, stick to the generic as that way you're covered for when you're in any location!

Sorry if I've added confusion to the mix...