[OZAPRS] set up ford territory

Michael Carey michaelcarey at internode.on.net
Sun May 27 14:32:08 EST 2012

Ahh.. it's an older model.  Very good.  I've recently had to install a
Motorola MCS2000 in a brand new Ford ute... and it was a pig of a job...
nowhere for the control head to go...

All the suggestions so far have been good.  I prefer a fixed method of
mounting rather than velcro and suction caps.. but that's just me.

Make sure you don't connect the negative wire to the battery... always
connect to an earth point on the body, close to where the negative
battery wire is connected...

Take your time and plan things out... I took almost six months to do the
initial install in my Hilux... but that was an extreme case...  I think
you have seen my Hilux haven't you Ben, I'm sure you checked it out when
I was down in Mt.Gambier one year??

A lot of photos are in here :-

http://www.users.on.net/~michaelcarey/pics/hilux_albums/

and video is here :-

http://youtu.be/smeJZTfH35g

I would hate to install all my radios in a newer vehicle.  I'm hanging
on to my Hilux for as long as I can.

Michael.
VK5ZEA

On 27/05/2012 11:55, Ben Lindner wrote:
> 2004 AWD Ghia, love the vehicle, dont care about the fuel
>
> On 27/05/12 09:40, Michael Carey wrote:
>> Hi Ben,
>>
>> Well, the first thing I would have suggested is not to buy a Ford
>> Territory! (-:
>>
>> Just kidding, most modern vehicles do not mix well with radios.   If
>> you don't mine making holes then it's easier...
>>
>> What model Territory?
>>
>> Michael.
>> VK5ZEA
>>

>> On 27/05/2012 0703, Ben Lindner wrote:
>>> Hi Guys,
>>>
>>> Has any one put a radio, in particular a D700/D710 in a Ford Territory.
>>>
>>> Just after some tips, and do's and don'ts
>>>
>>> cheers
>>> Ben