[OZAPRS] set up ford territory

Joshua Mesilane josh at zindello.com.au
Sun May 27 10:20:45 EST 2012

Hi Ben,

Not sure if my first message came through as I've just changed emails.

I've got a D710 in my car, and whilst it's not a territory, I've installed a few radios (and big audio systems) in various vehicles in the past so I'm going to offer some more general advice.

- Use a good quality, fused power cable back to your battery. Your car's wiring probably won't be able to handle the current.
- Make sue the fuse in the positive as close to the battery as possible, no point being fused if the cable before the fuse can rub on something and short out.
- Earth the radio well. If earthing to the body then use a large lug under an existing screw to the body and Make sure the paint is scratched away for good contact.
- DO NOT earth through the existing wiring loom. It will not be able to handle the current.
- Use the OEM separation kit if you can, otherwise you'll find yourself needing to clamp on ferries at each end of your mic & headunit cables to supress ignition noise.
- On high power the radio gets hot. Make sure that wherever it's mounted it gets plenty of ventilation.

And thats about it fro me! Enjoy your D710, it's a great radio.

----
VK3XJM
0416 039 082
http://www.zindello.com.au/